Human Resources Development Program
Capacity Building / HRD Program strengthen the performance of any organization or structure. It is necessary for making community Management more effective and helps build on existing skills, procedures and boosting overall capacity/work effectiveness.
In order for the grassroot level members (BRC/PRI/GP/VWSC) to understand the guidelines of the National Rural Drinking Water Program (NRDWP) and Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan Guidelines (NBA), they first need to be trained on various aspects of the guidelines so as to empower their responsibilities further.
One such HRD program was done with grassroots members at the village level to be able to form the VWSC (Village Water Sanitation Committee) in their respective villages.
Capacity Building in West Bengal
Public Health Engineering Department (PHED), Govt. of West Bengal spearheaded the training program. The VWSC Formation, it’s roles and responsibilities were the main focus of the programme. Panchayat Authorities of all the districts were given time to form VWSC. A two day training programmed was conducted batch wise at the block level.
- 15,705 BRC/PRI/GP/VWSC/ Grassroot Members (Asha, Anganwadi SHG Members) were trained under the NRDWP and NBA Guidelines across 18 Districts of West Bengal and focused on the formation of Village Water Sanitation Committee at the Gram Panchayat level in 2013-2014.
- 14,948 Village Water and Sanitation Committee Members (VWSC) / Panchayati Raj Institution / Grassroot Level Workers were trained under the NRDWP and Swachh Bharat Mission – Gramin Guidelines across 7 Districts of West Bengal in 2014-15.
- 5,433 VWSC Members were trained under the NRDWP and Swachh Bharat Mission – Gramin Guidelines across 3 Districts of West Bengal in 2015-16
- Based on the feedback of the previous training further two trainings including the sanitary survey of the area in Birbhum and Bankura district was organized. A total of 2,430 Members were trained further, a step towards Capacity Building
The training program is conducted from start to finish by SIPL and we work very closely with the Department and District Administration to make the training a success.
Our Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interact with District Administration
- Provide logistics, infrastructure and technical Support for the training
- Scheduling dates for Venues at Blocks
- Framing the training modules with the help of WSSO and SIPL Consultants
- Engaging consultants to take up training modules during the training program
- Providing all deliverables (writing pads, books, PPT’s, stationery, feedback form, chart papers etc)
- Village Transect Exercise for sanitary survey
- Question and Answer session
- TA/DA allowance disbursement
- Training certificate
Training program on the Community Led Approach to sustain ODF status
The one day Training / Orientation program focuses on:
- Behavioral change in community to use the toilet
- To sustain the ODF environment
- Recognition of the dimensions of safe sanitation
- Solid Liquid Waste Management
- Processes for Solid Liquid Waste Management at the household level
- To develop Solid Liquid Waste Management at the community level
- Realization of health hazard
Menstrual Hygiene Management
Break the silence surrounding menstruation
Adopt hygienic practices during menstruation
Talk on cultural and social taboos on menstruation
Vector borne diseases
Preventative measures at household level
Preventative measures at community level
VHSNC members of Gram Sansad along with block officials and other stakeholders are trained by our Resource Persons. All the training material is designed and compiled by us.